Subject: Re: Hayes ESP
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/21/1996 08:42:38
John Nemeth <jnemeth@cue.bc.ca>  wrote:
 > com2 at isa0 port 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 7: ESP, 1024k fifo
 >
 > I put the flags local and rtscts in /etc/ttys.  I tried to connect to
 > the port with cu, and after typeing the first character, it said
 >
 > cu: write: Input/output error

fwiw, I've just finished getting an ESP board working with the -current
com driver.. Works real well... However, I'm only using it to receive
data off a satellite so I've not actually tried sending anything back
through the board the other way...

A 386/33 with no coprocessor can keep up to a steady stream of 115.2kbps
with the ESP and increased tty buffer size... I'm real pleased now...