Subject: Pine-3.91 and terminal problems with NetBSD
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John C. Hayward <johnh@david.wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/1996 23:45:34
Dear NetBSDers,
   I remember someone complaining about (I think) pine not
including <stdio.h> for lseeks (64 bit file lengths) which caused some
problems with pine.  I was able to "build neb" with only a few warnings
about scan_dir(?) 4th parameter type mismatch.

   However when I attempted to run pine it complained:

Can't access terminal or input is not a terminal. Redirection of
standard input is not allowed. For example "pine < file" doesn't work.

   I was telneting in and TERM was set to xterm.  Pico has related problems
in that I can fire it up but typing control-X does not exit (just shows
^X and control-c aborts out of the program.

   It seems there is some problem dealing with the terminal characters and
signals.

   The indication of machine neb is set up for 0.9 thru 1.0A.

   I am running the distribution 1.1 netbsd for i386.

Thanks in advance for any pointers to resolve these problems.
johnh...