Subject: Re: binary editor...
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: Mark Garrett <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/1996 16:08:36
> Do we have a binary editor more sophisticated than clever 'od' tricks?
> I've been writing one, because I've never found a unix based hex editor
> I really liked, and I'm wondering if there'd be any intrest.
> If so, please let me know what features you'd like to see.

	Any time that I have had to do binary editing I have scratched around
in the grey matter for how to drive emacs.

	emacs will do the job. I would think though that a general editor
esp one that allowed changing between display and input modes for hex and
decimal could be useful esp if it is a little simpler and thiner that emacs.

		Mark :)

Mark Garrett email:    Phone: +61 2 561 5255
 Open Systems Consultant                          Disclaimer: I don't speak for
 Digital Equipment Corporation              Digital, I can barely speak for me.