Subject: Re: binary editor...
To: Peter Seebach <us5rmc::seebs@solon.com>
From: Mark Garrett <mark@nonull.sno.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/1996 16:08:36

> Do we have a binary editor more sophisticated than clever 'od' tricks?
> I've been writing one, because I've never found a unix based hex editor
> I really liked, and I'm wondering if there'd be any intrest.
>
> If so, please let me know what features you'd like to see.

	Any time that I have had to do binary editing I have scratched around
in the grey matter for how to drive emacs.

	emacs will do the job. I would think though that a general editor
esp one that allowed changing between display and input modes for hex and
decimal could be useful esp if it is a little simpler and thiner that emacs.

	Cheers
		Mark :)

--
Mark Garrett email: mark@nonull.enet.dec.com    Phone: +61 2 561 5255
 Open Systems Consultant                          Disclaimer: I don't speak for