Subject: ssh and src/distrib (was: Re: OOB does not exist in TCP)
To: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/1996 20:19:06
   Just another example why rlogin is a kludge and telnet is a protocol.

on a related note, ssh is a tool.  :-)

i think that importing ssh in to our tree would be a wonderful idea.
unfortunately, it would have to go in src/distrib, because it is
encryption technology.

i think it is time that we had (at least) one of these international
ftp/sup servers that can maintain their own copies of src/distrib
(preferably having the _same_ person doing each part, if possible,
but this restricts who can maintain certain parts of the source
tree, i guess.  maybe even using an international cvs server [just
for src/distrib]).

is anyone able to do this ?

is it feasible or even wanted ?

.mrg.