Subject: Problems installing an ISA 3C509 card on a PCI bus system.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jim Bachesta <bachesta@net-serve.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/14/1996 22:17:39
I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.1 on a 133Mhz Pentium PCI bus machine.
I'm having trouble getting the 3C509 card to work with the system.
I'm confident the network configuration is correct cuz I can get
things to run with a WD1003 8bit card configured as ed0. When
I try to get my 16 bit 3c509 card to work ifconfig shows a properly
configured network device on ep0. dmesg indicate the correct
irq and base address for the card. When I do a ping to the local
net nothing ever gets out. tcpdump running on another machine indicates
that no icmp packets are getting out of the new machine. I'm trying
to get the RJ45 connection to run. I configured the card to use TP RJ45 via
the 3com configuration utility. My hub doesn't show the port active, except
for brief moments during a ping. It seems like the AUI is being used instead
of the RJ45 port on the 3com card. Has anyone seen this problem before?
Has anyone successfully configured the 3c509 on a PCI bus pentium machine?
BTW the card is an ISA card.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Bachesta