Subject: Boehm GC malloc
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alistair G. Crooks <azcb0@juts.ccc.amdahl.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/13/1996 04:13:00
Would the kind soul who started mouthing off about the Boehm garbage
collector not working on NetBSD with optimisation enabled please
contact either myself (agc@uts.amdahl.com) or Hans Boehm
(boehm.PARC@xerox.com) to provide us with more information?

 From private mail from Boehm...
> As far as I know, there are 2 potential outstanding problems:
> - I received a report that 4.8 doesn't work under NetBSD, but I couldn't
> get details.

I was the one who did the original port (back in the days when NetBSD
only ran on the i386, around about 0.8 timeframe), and, as far as I
can see, it works perfectly for me.  And has done since 1993.  (4.9
passes its tests successfully on NetBSD/i386 1.1A, February 10th
sources).

Alistair
--
Alistair G. Crooks (agc@uts.amdahl.com)                    +44 125 234 6377
Amdahl European HQ, Dogmersfield Park, Hartley Wintney, Hants RG27 8TE, UK.