Subject: Re: Dynamic devices (and i386 bounce buffering)
To: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
From: John E. Clark <jclark@synergy.encinitas.ca.us>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/1996 12:49:22
At 5:42 PM 2/10/96, Rick Kelly wrote:
>Open Carefully -- Contents Under Pressure said:
>
>>One thing I'd also like to see in the ports is the ability to truly
>>dynamically verify devices.  What I mean is, say you have sd0 and sd1
>>at units 0 and 1 respectively.  Now you plug in a tape drive (st0).
>>Before you plug it in you say:
>>       # mt -f /dev/nrst0 st

I usually don't post back to this group, but this caught my eye...

where are the sources for 'mt' in BSD-4.4? In an ancient BSD 4.3 I found
something in either 'usr/etc', or 'perhaps' /usr/sbin(It may have been
more recent than ancient).

But I have not found it in the last BSD 4.4 that I got from one of
the standard net archives.

John Clark
jclark@synergy.encinitas.ca.us