Subject: Re: ccd confidence?
To: David Gilbert <dgilbert@mars.pci.on.ca>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/1996 15:34:30
On Fri, 9 Feb 1996, David Gilbert wrote:

> 	I would like to know how confident you all are in the ccd
> device.  Would you, for instance, use it as /u or even /usr?  Would
> you only use it for /var/news or a well backed-up /usr/src?

It has certain advantages for some applications.  I'm quite happy with
the stability; I've had a ccd running since before the "new" ccd was
integrated in August (I helped to test it out), and I've had no problems
with it at all.  That's not to say there weren't bugs, but none of them
have bitten me, or at least not hard enough to even make note of.

It's being used as a news spool, and lends itself to that nicely.  I'm
certain that I would make sure to do regular backups if it were anything
else, however, since if one disk goes, the whole filesystem is hosed. :-)

--scott