Subject: Re: serious routing problems..
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/1996 09:55:12
>Have you considered trying to turn off RFC 1323 timestamp stuff and
>seeing if the net likes you better?  You can try editing
>/sys/net/netinet/tcp_subr.c and setting tcp_do_rfc1323 to 0, then
>rebuilding and installing your kernel.  There is also an easier way to
>change this at run time with sysctl, but I can never remember the name
>of the variable (you might be able to find it just experimenting
>around).

	% sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=0

I think.  sysctl -a for a list, or man sysctl.

However, I do not believe this is the problem.  Chris said he cannot
reach machines, not that he can't telnet.  I would have assumed he
tried ping, which isn't affected by the rfc1323 stuff.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>        NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Netshade the world!