Subject: 1542CP
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/1996 16:27:13
What are peoples experience running NetBSD/i386 on a 1542CP? I've
been trying to get a known working NetBSD disk to boot on a 1542CP
that is also known working.  The bootblocks get loaded but after
hitting c/r, the cursor just sits on the next line and there is
no disk activity.. ie: the bootblocks fail to load the kernel.

Simply replacing the 1542CP with a 1542CF allows the machine to
boot multi-user.

I disabled a bunch of gunk on the controller (namely the Plug&Prey
dipswitch) and in the BIOS I disabled a bunch of other goodies
with no further success...

The 1542CP boots a DOS disk just fine...

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I see in the archives that
some people have got the 1542CP to work fine...

?