Subject: Re: sup completeness...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/1996 11:00:14
On Fri, 9 Feb 1996 09:38:12 -0600
 Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com> wrote:

 > Since I still have 7 second plus round trip times to sup.netbsd.org,
 > is there any sup mirror closer to me on the net?  I'm near mr.net.

>From my workstation (2 hops from the FIX), I seem to get lossage to your
site somewhere within MCI's net.  It loses in different places.  I might
suggest calling MCI and telling them to get their act together.

Also, keep in mind that massive flooding in Oregon has apparently caused
serious trouble for Sprint ... I've heard reports that Sprint and US West
are losing COs and PBXs because of the water.  (Trust me, you can't
even get phone calls through ... I can't believe that they'd consider
internet connectivity higher priority than phone connectivity in an
emergency situation.  And, if they do, the PUC is going to get a letter
from me...)  So, that's bound to screw things up ... I know of
at least a couple of folks who are affected by the Sprint lossage.

As for a "closer" SUP mirror ... it's likely that a mirror closer to you
will have trouble updating itself at the moment due to the recent
lossage.

So, are there any volunteers to go out there and fix the internet?  ;-)