Subject: Re: FYI -- Linux for PowerMac (fwd)
To: Matt Ragan <matt@ibmoto.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/1996 14:58:43
On Wed, 7 Feb 1996, Matt Ragan wrote:

> Rob Windsor wrote:
> >
> >Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
> >

> It's actually not too surprising, considering that it's already been ported,
> or at least mostly ported - I try not to keep track of it too closely, to
> the MCG PowerPC platform.  It's not a tremendous leap for them to get it
> onto the Mac.

I feel compelled to point out that this is _not_ Linux for the PowerMac.
As has been confirmed already, this is a MK 6.1 port for the PowerMac,
with a few bits of Linux-specific stuff thrown in so that the (already
running on x86 platforms) Linux server can run on top of it.

Don't be fooled by the hype.

--scott

(btw, this _is_ good for everyone, because source will be available...)