Subject: Re: FYI -- Linux for PowerMac (fwd)
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Jukka Partanen <jtp@cs.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/1996 13:03:32
John F. Woods writes:
> Is anyone thinking about porting NetBSD to the Mach 3.0 microkernel, so that
> several months of reverse engineering won't be necessary when this finally
> hits the FTP sites?  I'd hope OSF hasn't fiddled with the Mach interfaces TOO
> much in the process of doing this work.

	Actually, Lites* is not so far from NetBSD. It would be very
	nice to see some kind of cooperation between NetBSD and Lites.
	Making Lites run on top of the OSF MK wouldn't be too hard.
	Actually jvh and another guy from HUT did some work on it last
	spring and got it almost working.

	*) Johannes Helander's 4.4 BSD Lite server for Mach based
	systems, see http://www.cs.hut.fi/~jvh/lites.html

	jtp

I'm rated PG-34!!