Subject: Re: trouble building without COMPAT_43
To: None <perry@piermont.com, current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Open Carefully -- Contents Under Pressure <jgraham@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/1996 16:47:13
Perry Metzger sez:
/*
 * I attempted to build a kernel without COMPAT_43 and was repaid with
 * this during the make. Simply putting back the COMPAT_43 fixed
 * it. Something tells me this shouldn't be the case. Should I send-pr this?
 */

Something tells me that ../../../../../../compat/common/*43 should be
dropped altogether if COMPAT_43 isn't present.

Also, the last time I compiled without COMPAT_43, getty couldn't open /dev/tty
after opening the console.  Or something -- the shell came back with

Warning:  No access to tty, thus no job control in this shell.

				--*greywolf;
--
BSD -> Solaris:		It could be worse.
UNIX -> NT:		It's worse.