Subject: Re: Kernel compile 100 times faster (this sound provocating,doesnt it?:)
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@domino.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/1996 08:40:57
On Feb 7,  4:12am, "Charles M. Hannum" wrote:

> There's already a start to this (that wasn't present in all ports until
> a few days ago) -- the `links' target.  Basically, you do:
>
> make links
>
> in your kernel compile directory, and it looks for source files that
> don't have any important #if's in them, and symlinks the object files
> from ../GENERIC/foo.o to the current directory.

Sounds interesting.  I just had a look at the links stuff, and one
comment comes to mind:  it only checks for '#if' - what it there is
white space between the '#' and the 'if'?  Is this something that
should be send-pr'd?

Simon.
--
Simon Burge						simonb@telstra.com.au
UNIX Support, CPR Project, Telstra.			+61 3 9634 3974