Subject: Re: NetBSD i386 bounce-buffer non-feature [was Re: Memory leak?]
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: None <Chris_G_Demetriou@niagara.nectar.cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1996 00:33:47
> On Tue, 06 Feb 96 11:22:14 EST
>  Chris_G_Demetriou@NIAGARA.NECTAR.CS.CMU.EDU wrote:
>
>  > *smirk*  last i heard, 'core' didn't consider 'marketing' worth pursuing.
>
> Well, I don't know the last time you checked, Chris.  Since December
> 10th, 1995, at least one person on NetBSD core has been interested in
> better positive exposure for the project.

"one person on core" != "core".  Last i saw, 'core' _said_ that it
wanted to do some things to improve the project's exposure, for
instance doing more regular releases.

However, as a _developer_ i've not seen significant steps taken to
reach that particular, goal, and I've not seen anything recently to
remind me of any of the other goals that may have been set...

I sincerely doubt that 'random users' see more than I do...

It's great for a member of core to want to do the right thing... but
there's a lot more than that involved in actually having it _happen_.

If core wants the project to get better, positive exposure, then it
should set goals that will get that, and actually work towards seeing
them through.

chris