Subject: "ubluit" - is there *any* point to this?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/1996 18:52:02
I just got the cryptic:
	$ mail
	No mail for ubluit
out of mail.

Why?  What kind of error message is that?  I finally established that this
wasn't a side effect of some nasty cracker trick, but rather, just a
temporary inability to identify me.

Can anyone explain *why* I would be unidentifiable?  I checked with vipw,
I was in the password file.  finger identified my, and "from" would show
the mail I had.  But mail couldn't hack it.

I really don't think this is a very good or well-thought-out error message,
impossible though it may be.

As a data point, I verified that one other user got the same results at
the same time.

Is there a no-user period during password changes, or something like
that?

-s