Subject: g++ and netbsd current.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathaniel D. Daw <ndd2@columbia.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/1996 17:42:07
I just finished upgrading my pentium to the Feb. 3 current tarred
sources (from early november 1.1 alpha sources) and a couple of things
seem to be broken. First of all, g++ no longer works at all during the
linking stage -- it consitently adds "-lstdc++" to everything, a library
which doesn't seem to exist, as here it fails linking even "hello world":

GNU C++ version 2.7.2 (80386, BSD syntax) compiled by GNU C version 2.7.2.
 as -o /tmp/cc0005051.o /tmp/cc000505.s
 ld -e start -dc -dp /usr/lib/crt0.o -L/usr/libexec /tmp/cc0005051.o
-lg++ -lstdc++ -lm -lgcc -lc -lgcc
ld: -lstdc++: no match

meanwhile, if I try to link by hand (taking out the offending library
from the above, the program fails with:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "__vt$stdiobuf" in
a.out:/usr/lib/libg++.so.2.0

does anyone know what's going on here? I have tried rebuiling both libg++
and g++.

secondly, my usual termcap entry for pcvt ("pcvt25h" from
sys/arch/i386/isa/pcvt/Etc/Termcap) now fails spectacularly to let me do
anything; in fact, if I specify it, half my keys stop working, including
the spacebar.

_oh_my_lolita_i_have_only_words_to_play_with__nathaniel_daw__ndd2@columbia.edu_