Subject: Re: zip drive problem
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@vitruvius.arbld.unimelb.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/1996 23:28:23
In some email I received from John F. Woods, sie wrote:

> > One cable vendor recently sent a catalog with pictures of all of the
> > SCSI connectors I'd *ever* seen, with names and comments (and their
> > part numbers of course :-) I'll see if I can dig it up and see if they
> > have more specifics on the "alternate" types.
>
> I can see a day coming when every single disk unit ships with a different,
> unique connector...

the amiga has already been there: different size plug and sex for each of
serial(25), parallel(25), external floppy(23), mouse/joystick(9), monitor(23)

as for scsi, there's the old `sun' plug (D with 3 rows of pins totalling
50), 25pin D, centronics IDC (50 pin), micro scsi (50 pin) (found on Sun
stuff).  have I forgotten any ?

Then there's scsi-2 wide...haven't seen one of those yet.

darren