Subject: Re: ntp port request
To: John C. Hayward <johnh@david.wheaton.edu>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/1996 14:52:31
John C. Hayward:

>    I'm trying to get time syncronized on a lab of NetBSD machines
> together with some Ultrix machines which serve up NFS disk space for the
> NetBSD machines.  It appears that ntp (or xntp) do not exist in NetBSD-1.1
> or NetBSD-current as far as I could see.  I seemed to remember a
> discussion a while back that we should either drop timed in favor of ntp
> or at least add ntp.

I have compiled xntp3.4v.tar.Z for NetBSD several times without any problems.
I run it on one system and timed on the others.  Keeps the clocks synchronized
pretty well.  xntpd eats a lot more CPU time than timed, so I like to run
timed on the other machines.

  -jm

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---