Subject: Re: Creeping Feature of the week...
To: None <greywolf@captech.com>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 02/01/1996 23:44:01
>>>>> "proprietor" == proprietor  <jgraham@defender.VAS.viewlogic.com> writes:

proprietor> Do they actually have a bitmapped frame buffer for an
proprietor> 11/750, though?  [...or were you really kidding? ]

	While he may very well have been joking, I believe that
something called a gould (roughly the size of the 750 itself, and then
some) was common among people with deep pockets.  The company I work
for marketed software for VMS on the 11/750 that used this framebuffer
to display satallite imagry.  Needless to say, I don't think we
support it any more.

	I wouldn't be particularly surprised if PDP11's and the like
had framebuffers available for them.  There were also quite a number
of very-high-speed-terminal type devices that were bitmapped ... that
I have seen where piles of old hardware tend to collect.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |