Subject: Re: zip drive problem
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/31/1996 22:18:19
>The other problem is that iomega calls their disks 100MB, while NetBSD
>says they're 96MB.  As far as I can tell, NetBSD is telling the truth
>here and iomega is lying.  If you want this fixed, you'll have to go
>talk to iomega.

All drive manufacturers lie, and they've been doing it for years.  To
a drive manufacturer, 1MB means one million bytes, not 1024^2.  It's
all marketing.  Makes the drives sound larger than they really are.

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac 68k, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4,
                           DEC PMAX (MIPS), DEC Alpha, PC532
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX, Atari 68k, others...