Subject: Re: Autonice bugging my but!
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 01/31/1996 09:58:24
Michael Graff (explorer@flame.org) wrote:
:
: >NetBSD/vax on a 11/750 takes more than a week, from what I read a while
: >back on port-vax. Things to keep in mind: it may take longer than 4.3BSD
:
: Goodness!  I appreciate antique hardware as much as anyone else, but
: there is a time when it must become a table and not a computer
: anymore.

Hehe!

But thats why some people are very eager at getting cross-compiling to
work...

Just fancy cgd setting up kind of a compile server on one of his
NetBSD/Alphas... you send him an e-mail with a magic subject line and
the configuration file in the body, and 10 minutes (times current queue
length) later it sends you back a kernel and a log file, tarred and
fea^H^H^Hgzipped and MIME-Encoded.

It could even maintain a cache of recently built kernels/descriptions,
or we could make sure all config file dependencies are really in the
files.xxx files, so that make depend && make always works...

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis