Subject: Re: Upcoming kernel changes
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@deshaw.com>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 01/31/1996 21:19:50
On Sun, 28 Jan 1996, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> I am planning to start the integration of all the changes I've made to the
> MI portion of the kernel to pass "gcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes" last August.
>
> I will integrate the changes directory by directory and I'll try to keep
> things working after each commit.

Good idea !

As a follow-up to the recent discussion about C language standards, I have
submitted a problem report with patches for /usr/sys/ddb to eliminate
most -Wall warnings. You may take a look at that pr when you start your
work.

Will you also move all extern declarations from .c files to appropriate .h
files? and make functions with file scope to static functions ?

How will the build system handle header files in /usr/sys/... that don't
need to be installed in /usr/include... ?

regards
Erik Bertelsen