Subject: Re: df and union mounts
To: Chris Jones <>
From: David <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/28/1996 13:11:43
On Sat, 27 Jan 1996, Chris Jones wrote:

> It seems to me like we should be as honest as possible about it:  For
> the "avail" category, report the number of available blocks on the
> read/write filesystem, for "used," report the number of blocks used on
> both, and for "blocks," add them together.  This should of course be
> modified if, as you say, the source and target filesystems are the
> same.
	I submitted a pr for this a while back (cant rememeber if I special
	cased both file systems being the same). cgd said he would contact
	one of the authors of unionfs - not heard anything since...

                   David/abs             (

+44 181 888 8949 System Manager, Southern Studios Ltd, Box 59, London N22 1AR
     >=- Microsoft asks you where you want to go. Unix gets you there -=<
        <<< Monochrome - Largest UK Internet BBS - telnet >>>