Subject: Time out by?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/1996 23:37:11
	I remember that my first install was rather ad-hoc under the
guidance of either or both of Paul or Jason, but I think that I may
have missed something.  Crontab things seem to run on pacific time (or
something close to that) --- in other words three hours different than
the EST I'm running here.

	I havn't really noticed it 'till now since many machines on
which I've worked had been hardwired to GMT, I have TZ=EST5EDT in all
my startup scripts.

	Anyways, I read the man page, and it seemed to indicate that
/usr/share/zoneinfo/localtime should reflect your local time.  I
softlinked that to a file called EST5EDT that was already present in
the current directory.

	Somehow this isn't right... since cron is still running on
pacific time as are jobs started by cron.  I discovered this in
particular when I started trying to restrict the times at which uucp
would run by site.

	How do you set the timezone then?

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |