Subject: Re: Recursive grep
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: David Gilbert <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/26/1996 22:28:58
>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Seebach <> writes:

Peter> Perhaps we should just implement all -R options with find?  No
Peter> reason to use real code for something another app does already.

	No particular reason to laugh here.  The OS formerly known as
OSF/1 has 'mv' commands that will happily move directories across
different filesystems.  The implementation (if you do a process
listing) has mv calling cp and rm processes and/or other mv
processes.  It looks rather complex if you try to keep an eye on it.

	If you're going to have a bunch of -R's on commands, it would
make sense to shell out and capture the output of find.  This could
mean that the command would fail if find were not available, but do
you really need a lot of -R type commands when you're playing with
your miniroot?

|Mail:         |  equal if and only if they |
|               |   are precisely opposite.  |