Subject: window(1)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/1996 11:12:43
There seems to be something wrong with window(1).  For the past week or
so, I've been noticing that when using window, output characters get
dropped.  For example, just now...here's what I see:

[Callisto] 10> d /s/src
[Callisto] 11>

I typed "cd /usr/src".  And there is no "d" command in my path and no
/s directory at all.  I told window to refresh the window and it didn't
change; however, based on past experience and the fact that the command
worked, I fully believe that if I'd typed ^L to make the shell redraw
the line, it would have shown me "cd /usr/src".  It appears that typing
input tends to cause it to lose output.

This seems to be worse when I start typing after being idle for a
while, meaning it probably has something to do with window and/or the
shell being swapped out.

I don't have a definite date when this began, but I think it was about
the time I did a "make build" after sup stabilized after the Christmas
break.

I have a source tree online from December 11th; I'll try using the
window source from there and see if it works any better...I don't know
whether this is the tty driver or window or what, but something is
certainly wrong.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu