Subject: Re: Recursive grep (where is limfree defined?)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: David Gilbert <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/24/1996 19:47:16
>>>>> "der" == der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU> writes:

der> Heh.  Sit down at a VM/CMS machine and type ls.  Or a VMS box and
der> type any of the find commands that have been bantered about.

	However, the VMS box does have a way to specify a recursive
form of glob so that ...

search [.src...]*.c;* somestring

	would perform what most have been talking about.  The three
dots in the brackets (which specify directory) specify a recursive
form of globbing.

	That said, I'm not proud that I know this... more of a war

|Mail:         |  equal if and only if they |
|               |   are precisely opposite.  |