Subject: Re: Adduser
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/24/1996 20:30:00
kpneal writes:

>So I have to put on a really good show. They (and I) find it irritating
>to have to go out and find some script to do simple sysadmin tasks.

Adding a user is *not* a simple sysadmin task.  It's a *common* task,
but not a simple one.  Adding a user involves local politics^H^H^H^Hcy
and you just can't cope with that with a canned script.

Also, the adduser(8) man pages has complete instrutions for the
trivial case.

>But it's a pain to install a NetBSD box and then not be able
>to add a user account without knowing about vipw and stuff.

I figure you didn't read adduser(8).

>1) Could somebody send me the man page for 4.4BSD adduser (the one from the
>   book) so mine can be as close to it as possible.

It's in the NetBSD man pages.
--
Christoph Badura	bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.