Subject: Re: Adduser
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/24/1996 20:30:00
kpneal writes:

>So I have to put on a really good show. They (and I) find it irritating
>to have to go out and find some script to do simple sysadmin tasks.

Adding a user is *not* a simple sysadmin task.  It's a *common* task,
but not a simple one.  Adding a user involves local politics^H^H^H^Hcy
and you just can't cope with that with a canned script.

Also, the adduser(8) man pages has complete instrutions for the
trivial case.

>But it's a pain to install a NetBSD box and then not be able
>to add a user account without knowing about vipw and stuff.

I figure you didn't read adduser(8).

>1) Could somebody send me the man page for 4.4BSD adduser (the one from the
>   book) so mine can be as close to it as possible.

It's in the NetBSD man pages.
Christoph Badura

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.