Subject: Re: pw_util.o
To: None <kpneal@unity.ncsu.edu>
From: Greg Hudson <ghudson@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 01/24/1996 06:00:40
> In /usr/src/usr.sbin/vipw/obj/pw_util.o.  Uh, that's nasty. That
> means that vipw has to be compiled before the other pw programs,
> unless I missed something here. Now that the number of programs that
> link in this object module is growing, why not make it a shared
> library, or even just a static library?

Actually, programs that use pw_util.c use the source file using .PATH;
they don't use the object file.

I've done all the reorganization to get the passwd routines into
libutil, and I've even documented all of libutil and made a util.h
header file.  A (presumably minor) problem with init got in the way,
and I also need to get the changes audited (presumably by someone on
the core team) before they get checked in.