Subject: Adduser
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <kpneal@unity.ncsu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/24/1996 01:01:01
Ok, I finished a pre-alpha preliminary version of adduser.

Catches:
1) Only implements SunOS mode, so only works when called add_user.
2) Does not do error checking, so don't screw up.
3) Doesn't allow user to specify password as an arg.
4) Doesn't create home directory automatically.
5) Doesn't have pre and post scripts.
6) It's ugly.
6b) It still has debug code in it.

Basically, it works exactly the same as the SunOS 4.1.1 add_user
command. Which is enough to get me through the week.

I'll work on it more as time becomes available (I have one other small
program to write, and a presentation to put together for Saturday).

So it works enough to add the entry to the password file.

If you want to look at it and send in advice on how it should be
written, check it out on my home page at NCSU:

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~kpneal/www/

I will put it up there shortly.

XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Sophomore CSC/CPE     kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu
XCOMM North Carolina State University      kevinneal@bix.com