Subject: Re: NCR Driver Problems
To: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/1996 22:00:13
>Actually, with tagged commands one can fire off a couple of commands
                                ^^^
>to a target.  Without tags one has to wait for each command to
                            ^^^
>complete before sending the next to the target.  This could improve
>performance.  However, my question is has anyone actually seen it.
>No, I don't trust the ncr driver.

I think I'm getting confused trying to follow this.  How do you define
"one", here?  I was under the assumption that the 80186 on my BusLogic
card did all the waiting and sending for me.  The bt driver simply
fills mailboxes with "pointers" to command structures and notifies the
card that there's more work to do.

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac 68k, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4,
                           DEC PMAX (MIPS), DEC Alpha, PC532
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX, Atari 68k, others...