Subject: Re: Recursive grep (where is limfree defined?)
To: None <greywolf@captech.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/1996 21:55:00
>I have a better idea:  Instead of dumbing everything down to the lowest
>common denominator, why don't we attempt to educate them and raise the
>standards?  There is nothing more repulsive to me than an environment
>in which everything is dumbed down to the point that getting details
>and finding more information is like pulling teeth.

Can you say "Windows"?

I really *do* like much of Windows NT.  It has a lot of positive
things going for it.  But, the two things that give it some really
annoying attributes are this one mentioned above, and a futile grasp
on legacy "software" carried to the point of absurdity.

     NetBSD working ports: 386+PC, Mac 68k, Amiga, HP300, Sun3, Sun4,
                           DEC PMAX (MIPS), DEC Alpha, PC532
     NetBSD ports in progress: VAX, Atari 68k, others...