Subject: Re: Sup failure again...
To: None <greywolf@captech.com>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com <eeh@btr.btr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/1996 08:29:58
On Mon, 22 Jan 1996, James Graham - Systems Mangler wrote:

> Anyway, I'd like to see this as well, with the proviso that the "src-common"
> or whatever is in effect now would remain in effect, i.e. we have the
> option to retrieve individual bits OR to attempt to retrieve the entire
> "src" tree.

I second that motion.  (Or is that third the motion?)

> Could we give it a different collection name such as "current-split"
> or something so that we can keep both options in our supfile?

Or even better, could we give each collection a different name and use
the release tag for what it's supposed to be used for, the version number?
Then I could differentiate the collections listed by a sup -t and update
only certain collections by specifying them on the command line.  The
release tags could be used to grab version 0.9, 1.0, 1.1, or -current (or
then again, maybe not.)

Eduardo