Subject: Re: NCR Driver Problems
To: Stefan Esser <se@zpr.uni-koeln.de>
From: Curt Sampson <curt@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/1996 18:20:08
On Tue, 23 Jan 1996, Stefan Esser wrote:

> Please try, whether the following patch can be
> applied to NetBSD. It removes a call to start
> the SCSI drive, in case it doesn't power up by
> default. A few drives seem to strongly dislike
> this command, after they once received a command
> with a tag!

This patch goes into NetBSD 1.0 just fine, except for the
differing line numbers. I tried this, however, and the
problem still remains. :-(

> It is well possible, that it fully supports tags.
> It is just picky about non-tagged commands (even
> NOP commands) sent when any tagged command is
> active.

Hm. Well, I'd like to turn tags off entirely in the driver and see
if that fixes the problem. How do I do this?

cjs

Curt Sampson    curt@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.