Subject: Re: Autonice bugging my but!
To: Ty Sarna <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/1996 16:23:16
> > option AUTORENICE=10 # (minutes)
> Why not a sysctl? Let the default value be 600, and if you don't want
> it, set it to an extremely high value.  Or better, have the sysctl
> get/set code for that variable make a set of 0 mean ULONG_MAX, and read
> ULONG_MAX as 0.  I don't see a good reason why this would have to be a
> compile-time option, so better to make it run-time settable.

Well, i'd prefer to compile in the sysctl's default value rather than forget to
set it in /etc/rc.local. :-) Just give people who want a different default
value the possibility to compile it into their kernel.

      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2905
      Weekends: Bachstr. 40,   D-84066 Mallersdorf, Tel. 08772/6084
      Internet:, IRC: hubertf