Subject: Re: NetBSD Usage (Looking for large sites)
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/1996 11:09:55
> Does an ISP count?  We only have 8 users at once, but have about 100 (?)
> total.
>
> And that's on a 6 MIPS machine.

Oh OK then :)

We use NetBSD for our core routers and a number of applications servers.
Once NetBSD/sun4m is here we are likely to study it a bit more to see
what it can buy us over SunOS. Slowlaris - just say no. We have pairs of
these routers in two sites in London and one site in Amsterdam.

NetBSD/i386 also makes a good RA route server after having hacked gated.
If anyone is interested, I am currently butchering gated 3.5b2 into
something that is only likely to work on BSD4.4 based systems, but at
least it will be stable.

We have about 55000+ dialup users, and about 2000 modem/ISDN lines.

I am now off to work (after this coffee) to continue with the upgrade
of our core routers to a slightly wider framework to cope with all the
additional Ethernet traffic. Ouch.

Users. They expect it to work. sigh. :-)

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy                                           peter@wonderland.org
@ Home                                                 phone://44/973/499465