Subject: Re: PPP and flow control
To: None <mike.long@analog.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/1996 11:46:18
Mike Long:

> 1) Yes, the crtscts bit is set on the tty. :-)
> 2) It's not a PPP-specific problem because Kermit uploads under NetBSD
>    also fail.
> 3) It is a NetBSD-specific problem because Kermit uploads under DOS
>    *do* work.

I set up a PPP link between two NetBSD machines (binaries 1.1, kernel
post-1.1 current): i386 and A3000.  I moved about 100 MB of data using
ftp in both directions, used rlogin, telnet, and ping - and had absolutely
_no_ problems.  I did this because people were talking about PPP problems
in 1.1 and I wanted to make sure that it works before upgrading to 1.1.

Of course, there _may_ be a problem, but I couldn't make it show up here.
Now there are several people using PPP daily and no-one has reported any
problems to me (well, they never do, argh).

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---