Subject: Re: printcap, banners, and PostScript...
To: Mark W. Eichin <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
From: Don Lewis <gdonl@gv.ssi1.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/20/1996 19:30:36
On Jan 19, 10:15am, "Mark W. Eichin" wrote:
} > > 1. Make a printer filter text into postscript, but leave postscript alone.
} > This is not possible without resorting to human help; PostScript _is_
}
} I guess that's why TransScript sells so well then :-)

I've been pretty happy with using lprps to do this.

} The standard trick is to assume that a postscript file will begin with
} at least a %! comment. Some go as far as expecting %!PS-Adobe-## but
} one should really only do that if one is doing explicit processing
} based on the Adobe Structuring Conventions.

Yup, though you need to watch out for a leading ^D, primarily generated
by applications on a certain PeeCee OS.