Subject: Re: amd
To: None <banshee@gabriella.resort.com>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/1996 12:55:23
> This is a followup to my original mail regarding amd.  Several people
> requested that I mail them a working amd configuration (but my power
> flickered and those messages in mfs /tmp went byebye).
>
> Direct links do not work without applying the patches that someone
> recently submitted.

While "amd" is fresh on some people's minds, can I re-submit a request from
a long time ago?

I suspect I'm not the only one in this boat.  I have 2 NetBSD machines, on
different subnets, living inside two different NIS/automount worlds.  Every
other machine in those worlds uses "automount" (even the SGIs and the HP).

So we use "automount" with a SunOS machine serving NIS auto.* maps.  Since
changing all of them to use "amd" is *not* an option, I would really like
to hear from somebody who's cobbled together an "amd" setup to live in an
all-automounter world, using NIS automount maps.  (This would be a BIG win
for me and I'd even give you a cookie at USENIX, 'cept I'm not going because
Newt and his fellow Congress idiots can't pass a budget, so I can't go.  :-( )

	- Greg