Subject: Re: sound blaster 16 help
To: Jeffrey Wheat <jeff@tad.cetlink.net>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/1996 06:51:14
At 03:25 pm 1/17/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>	Is there a FAQ available for help on configuring SB16 cards under
>NetBSD-current? I have one installed and can't seem to figure out how to
>get it to work. I have in my kernel:
>
>sb0	at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1	# SoundBlaster
>
>I have verified the settings on the card to match. When I boot I see:
>
>sb0 at isa0 port 0x220-0x237 irq 5 drq 1: dsp v4.13
>
>When I try and access the card via /dev/audio or /dev/sound, I get a message:
>/dev/sound: Device not configured.
>/dev/audio: Device not configured.
>
>Any help appreciated!
>
>-jeff

What about the driver options?  You should also have a line such as
        options         sound
or
        pseudo-device   audio
(I forget the exact syntax; check the GENERAL configuration file to be sure.)
Trevin Beattie          "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
trevin@xmission.com     for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
      {:->                                     --unknown