Subject: Re: printcap, banners, and PostScript...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/1996 17:34:48
Hi,

> > I want to know how to:
> > 1. Make a printer filter text into postscript, but leave postscript alone.
>
> This is not possible without resorting to human help; PostScript _is_
> text (at least until you get into Level 2 binary encoding and such,
> which I assume is not what you're talking about).  Indeed, I have on
> occasion wanted to print _exactly the same file_ twice, once as text
> and once interpreted as a PostScript program.

Hmm, this is fairly easy. Just get a decent printer filter. I can print
a dvi file and the filter invokes dvips automatically. I can print ps
and the filter leaves it like this. It should be easy to add this additional
functionality.
PS files always start with !#PS, so you can recognize them quite easy.

> > 2. Disable banners.
>
> No idea.

Can`t remember offhand, but try man printcap or man termcap.

  Guenther