Subject: Re: Autonice bugging my but!
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/1996 13:03:23
>> What does a sysctl for autonicing buy us?
> the ability to _NOT_ recompile the kernel to make a policy change.
> [...] as much as i detest solaris, being able to tune a lot of things
> with a) a reboot [modifying /etc/system], or, running ndd, is really
> nice.

Personally, it's nice to be able to frob things at runtime.  But if I'm
going to reboot, I really don't see all that much difference between
bashing on /etc/system or bashing on /sys/arch/foobox/conf/PICKLE; the
major difference is the time taken, which usually is not that much of a
factor.

Just think of C as the configuration language. :-)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu