Subject: Re: Autonice bugging my but!
To: Simon J. Gerraty <jaywon!zen.void.oz.au!sjg@life.ai.mit.edu>
From: David Gilbert <pci!jaywon!dgilbert@life.ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/17/1996 17:15:53
>>>>> ""Simon" == "Simon J Gerraty" <sjg@zen.void.oz.au> writes:

>> i agree.  i totally hate it.
Simon> I recall some years ago working on a Pyramid system that had a
Simon> facility where the admin could set a fixed priority for
Simon> certain apps.

Simon> A field in the exec header contains the value, and presumably
Simon> the scheduler does not adjust priority if the field is set.

Simon> Anyone else think this would be a useful feature?

	I believe that this is easily addressed by 'dm' --- the
executable that rules all the games provided on NetBSD.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@pci.on.ca                |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |