Subject: uname fails with BSDI netscape
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- <jaywon!!>
From: David Gilbert <pci!jaywon!>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/1996 16:23:11

Michael> Does anyone know why the BSDI version of netscape reports
Michael> that uname fails when trying to figure out what system it's
Michael> running on, when running it on NetBSD (1.1)?

Michael> Apparently, the FreeBSD guys fixed this somehow, though I'm
Michael> not sure what they did.  This might be something worth
Michael> fixing in the near future so that all those people out there
Michael> compiling net statistics off web servers see that NetBSD
Michael> does actually exist.

	Does the BSDI version do something drastically different than
the rest?  I run the SunOS Netscape 1.1 on the sparc port (Sun4/260)
all the time (as I gatther do others).

|Mail:                |  equal if and only if they |
|               |   are precisely opposite.  |