Subject: Re: Network link to ftp.NetBSD.ORG
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Long <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/1996 10:49:53
>From: Arthur Hoffmann <>
>Date: Sun, 14 Jan 1996 19:10:34 +0930 (CST)

>I still would like to ask if it is possible to break up the src
>distribution into smaller chunks.
>I have only a 9600baud connection and I find it is quite annoying that
>after about 2 hours of supping (which is about half way through) I get
>a fault and have to start all over again.

I would like to second this suggestion.  It's a bit more work for the
sup collection maintainer, but I think this change will reduce overall
load on the sup servers because the number of files that need to be
'updated' after a bad sup will be reduced.

FYI, I've never used allsrc; my current list of sup collections is

which gets everything in the smallest possible chunks.  I could
replace ksrc with ksrc-common and ksrc-i386, but I like to have code
from the non-i386 ports around as a reference.

Sup collection maintainers can get the relevant files from Arne Juul;
he's already done the necessary work.
Mike Long <>
VLSI Design Engineer         finger for PGP public key