Subject: Re: kernel & libkvm [was IIci success]
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 01/12/1996 17:34:30
>>> no it doesn't.
[at least not in virgin form;]
>>> the kernel debugger can write it, for instance.
>> I'd class that with modifying /netbsd under the current scheme,
>> under "if you do this you deserve everything you get".
> I have to disagree.  How else can the kernel debugger insert
> breakpoints?

Granted...but I don't think it really matters.  After all, how is
inserting breakpoints going to break anything?  libkvm actually doesn't
care about the text/data/bss segments; they're gravy.  All it wants is
the symbol table.  (I was going on about the text segment to point out
that it's not that hard to make kernfs provide a kernel file image, but
you really don't need that for libkvm.)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu