Subject: Re: iostat stats
To: John M Vinopal <>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/1996 09:18:56
On Wed, 10 Jan 1996 03:06:49 -0800
 John M Vinopal <> wrote:

 > Essentially I have a transfer count, a byte count, and an elapsed time
 > counter.  I can do any permutation of things like xfer/sec, bytes/sec,
 > Mbytes/sec, sectors/sec, bytes/xfer, etc.

I think that xfer/sec, Mbytes/sec, bytes/xfer, and perhaps the trnasfer
count, byte count, and total time totals (though their values can get
_quite_ large, but a separate program could be used to view them after
you've gotten an idea of what your system is doing with iostat) would be

Jason R. Thorpe