Subject: Re: ccd on ide drives
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@headcandy.com>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/1996 23:13:57
> Kinda defeats the whole purpose of ccd since IDE doesn't allow for
> simultaneous transactions on independent drives.  (I. e. IDE makes the
> transactions serialized, just like not using ccd.)  SCSI allows each
> drive to operate independently and simultaneosly of the other
> drive(s).

Performance is one reason for using ccd, the other is larger partitions.

If I had > 2 drives I would likely want to concat the non root/swap
drives together and worry about one large partition.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy                                           peter@wonderland.org
@ Home                                                 phone://44/973/499465